Key Factors to Sell a Business
Selling a business is a complex and stressful event that plays itself out over many months. Understanding the process and having a clear understanding of the process objectives is an important element to reduce the strain on the business owner.
Here are the 6 elements important to every transaction:
- Confidential Marketing of Your Business for Sale. Confidentiality is important to Sell a Business and Sunbelt has a clear process to control information.
- Maximize Number of Buyers Building interest among multiple buyers generates higher prices and better deal structures, while maintaining the confidentiality requirements.
- Maximize Selling Price using our negotiating expertise and market knowledge. Realizing full value is effected by negotiating skills, market knowledge and access to a broad buyer market,
- Maximize Cash at Closing you receive which means eliminating or minimizing seller financing. Optimum purchase price is a combination of purchase price, taxes and when the cash is received.
- Minimize Tax Burden by putting together a deal structure that will make you and your CPA happy. Taxes can be a significant factor in the overall value realized from a business sale.
- Minimize Post-Closing Risks by clearly defining what a Buyer buys and what a Seller sells. Utilize Sunbelt skill and experience to minimize the risks inherent when you sell a business.
There are numerous important sub-categories but they all relate back to one of the above 6 pillars of a good transaction. Never underestimate experience and technical knowledge required for a high quality transaction. Put the Sunbelt experience in closing over 500 business transaction to work for you.